Town of Bailey

"Home of the Country Doctor Museum"

Water Services

The Town of Bailey supplies its own water to water customers in and outside of town.  The present rate for water is $3.90 per 1,000 gallons plus a monthly $20.00 availability fee.

Waste Water
We collect and process all of the town's waste water for treatment at our own sewer treatment plant.  The present rate for waste water is $4.83 per 1,000 gallons plus a monthly $20.00 availability fee.

Utility Billing

Meters are read on or around the 20th of each month.  Bills are mailed on the last working day of each month for the services used the previous month.  Bills are due on the 15th day of each month.  A penalty is added to past due accounts on the 16th day of the month.  Service is discontinued on the 21st day of each month for all unpaid accounts and a $50.00 restoration fee is added.

How To Establish Services

To understand what is required in order to establish services you must read either the In-Town Utility Services or Out-Of-Town Utility Services documentation listed below.  The In-Town Utility Services document is for all residences or businesses within the city limits.  The Out-Of-Town Utility Services document is only for residences outside of the city limits.  To establish your services, you must apply in person at the Town Hall, 6217 Main St to complete a utility service agreement.  The minimum deposit required is $163.00.  If any additional amount is required you will be notified at the time you attempt to establish services. Services will not be turned on until all upfront fees and deposits are met.  We do accept Discover, Visa, and MasterCard debit/credit cards.  You must bring a valid picture ID and Social Security Card, or other legal documents which includes your taxpayer ID#.   Please bring a copy of your lease agreement or closing document with you.  For your convenience we have provided the above documentation on this website.  Please click the link to the document that best fits your situation.  Also we have provided the Customer Information Forms for Residence and Businesses.  This is the form needed to establish water or sewer services with the Town of Bailey.  You may print this form and fill it out in advance before coming to Town Hall.  

If you should have any further questions regarding water and sewer you can contact the Town Clerk at (252) 235-4977 or you can fill out the following contact form:

Thank you for contacting us regarding water and sewer services for the Town of Bailey. We will get back to you as soon as possible
Oops. An error occurred.
Click here to try again.