Town of Bailey

"Home of the Country Doctor Museum"

Zoning Permits

For properties located anywhere in the Town of Bailey and it's extraterritorial jurisdiction, a zoning permit is required for any new construction or development and for any physical or use changes to existing properties.  A zoning permit must be issued before any work begins.

For more information, contact the Zoning Administrator at Town Hall.  The telephone number is 252-235-4977.

Building Permits

Building permits are issued by Nash County officials. For more information on the requirements for and to obtain a permit, contact call the Nash County Planning and Development Department at (252) 459-9805 or go to the Nash County web site at